Upcoming Workshops & Seminars
Each season we select local gardening experts and designers, as well as our knowledgeable senior staff, to teach seminars & workshops in our popular gardening education series. Unless otherwise noted, seminars are free for Rewards Members (Workshop fees are additional), and $10 for non-members (membership is free!). All participants receive a 10% off coupon for redemption at any of our locations. Please call ahead to the seminar location to reserve a seat. Attendance is limited.
Make and Take Workshop: Succulent Centerpieces
Our designers will show you how to create beautiful Succulent centerpieces. Choose from multiple types of succulents and arrange them in a centerpiece for your home or to give as a gift. Class fee includes a 12”-14” glazed bowl, plants, soil, fertilizer, gravel. Fee: $80 for Rewards Members, $90 for Non-Members (Membership is free).
- Wednesday, July 18, Sloat Blvd., SF, noon (Jen Strobel)
- Saturday, August 11, Concord, 10am (Dustin Strobel)
- Saturday, August 11, Diablo Rd., Danville, 10am (Brad Sheehan)
- Sunday, August 12, Miller Ave., Mill Valley, 10am (Jen Strobel)
- Sunday, August 12, Kentfield, 2pm (Jen Strobel)
- Sunday, August 12, Novato, 10am (Tom Thompson)
- Sunday, August 12, Pleasant Hill, 10am (Alex Friedman)
- Wednesday, August 15, Sloat Blvd., SF, noon (Jen Strobel)
Planting Parties at Sloat Garden Center
Make an appointment for a planting party! Choose from a variety of individualized planting parties where participants create beautiful plant projects to take home (terrariums, wreaths, planters or centerpieces). Planting parties are a delight for birthdays, showers, or garden group meetings. Currently available at our Sloat Blvd., Mill Valley (Miller Ave.), Kentfield, Danville (Diablo Rd.), Pleasant Hill, and Concord locations. Classes last approx. one hour and are led by our excellent designers. Contact our Events Manager for details.
Jen Strobel, Events Manager
Garden Speakers Available
We have knowledgeable speakers available for garden clubs, as well as community organizations. Contact our Events Manager for details.