Congratulations to our Spring Recipe Contest winner, Roxanne Chan, for this wonderful strawberry appetizer.
- 6 large fresh ripe strawberries
- 2 Tbsp crumbled fresh goat cheese
- 1/2 tsp minced candied ginger
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp homegrown mint, minced
- 1/2 tsp orange zest
Cut a thin slice off the stem end of each strawberry. Then, with the small end of a melon baller, hollow out the center of each berry. Slice the bottom of each berry so it sits flat; chop the cut off slices and place in a small bowl. Fill the hollow centers of each berry with goat cheese, then sprinkle on the ginger. Add the rest of the ingredients to the chopped strawberries; mix well, then spoon over the stuffed berries. Makes 6 appetizers.