Cilantro is a divine herb. Chopped and sprinkled over rice and beans, added to stews or blended into pesto; it’s incredibly versatile, delicious and easy to grow. Enjoy this Cilantro Cucumber Salsa recipe.
- 3 regular cucumbers, peeled, seeded and chopped
- into ¼ inch pieces
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 Tbs. sugar
- 2 tomatoes, cored and diced into ¼ inch pieces
- 1/2 white onion finely minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely minced
- ½ bunch of cilantro, finely minced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 large avocado, chopped roughly the size
- of the cucumber pieces
Place the cucumber in a large bowl, mix in salt and sugar. Allow to stand for 10-15 minutes; keep any juice that accumulates. Add remaining ingredients, except for the avocado, and gently mix together. Adjust seasonings, salt to taste. Gently fold in avocado and serve immediately.