(by Executive Chef Peter McNee of Poggio in Sausalito)
- Fresh strawberries, washed and sliced
- Soft chevre style goat cheese
- Thinly sliced red onion
- Salt and pepper
- Hazelnut vinaigrette
- ¾ cup toasted hazelnuts, chopped
- 1 cup white balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup honey
- 2½ cups extra virgin olive oil
- to taste salt and pepper
Toss the arugula with salt and pepper and the hazelnut vinaigrette.
Place a handful of dressed arugula on the salad plate.
Place strawberries on top, approximately 15 to 20 slices.
Don’t go light on the strawberries.
Place small pieces of the goat cheese on the salad.
Place three rings of red onion on top of the salad.