by Annapet Santos
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 cups shelled fresh pea
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter (or you may use tahini)
- a handful fresh parsley leaves
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- pinch freshly ground black pepper
- pinch kosher salt
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of Sriracha hot sauce (or more to your liking)
- Cook peas in a saucepan of boiling salted water until just tender, 6 to 10 minutes. Drain and cool.
- Chop the garlic finely in a food processor.
- Add the peas and 1/2 of the olive oil and process finely or to desired consistency.
- Add the peanut butter, parsley, lemon zest and juice, black pepper, and salt.
- Process until it forms a paste.
- Drizzle in the olive oil and process until it reaches the consistency of mayonnaise.