- cherry or roma tomatoes, sliced
- olive oil, salt & pepper
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Spread 2 cups of sliced cherry or roma tomatoes in a 7” x 11” baking dish. Drizzle with 2-3 Tbs. extra virgin olive oil. Sprinkle with Kosher salt and fresh-cracked pepper.
Roast 10 minutes or until tomatoes collapse. Garnish with thin strips of fresh basil or rosemary. Can be served warm or at room temperature. Serve with grilled meats or tucked inside a panini.
Sloat Spicy Salsa
- 5 homegrown tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 jalapeno or serrano pepper, minced
- 1/8 cup cilantro, chopped
- salt to taste
- 1 lime, squeezed
Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and serve with tortilla chips. This salsa is meant to be chunky and spicy. Note: experiment with how much pepper you can tolerate….some varieties can be extra spicy. Enjoy!
Tomato & Mozzarella Salad
- 4 homegrown tomatoes, sliced
- 10 slices of fresh mozzarella
- fresh basil, whole
- balsamic vinegar
- salt & pepper
Slice the tomatoes and mozzarella and arrange on a large serving dish. Sprinkle with a small amount of balsamic vinegar, and salt and pepper to taste.
Tomato Sauce Garden Recipe
- 10 homegrown tomatoes, blanched briefly in boiling water and peeled, seeded, then crushed
- 1 small onion, finely minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. salt
- Fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 2 T extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. fresh chopped oregano, basil and a pinch of fresh thyme
Saute the onions and garlic in olive oil over medium heat until translucent. Add salt. Add the crushed tomatoes, bring to a simmer and cook 1 hour. Add fresh chopped basil. Adjust salt to taste and add pepper to taste. Serve with pasta and cooked garden vegetables or with crunchy toasted ciabatta or focaccia. Chill any leftovers, will keep for one week.