- It’s Vegetable Planting Time! Organic vegetable starts & seeds are here so you can grow your own!
- Add E.B Stone’s Agricultural Lime to soil to provide needed calcium for your vegetables and fruit.
- Spring is the best time to repot houseplants and give them their first feeding.
- Feed cacti and succulents with Grow More Cactus Juice.
- Plant your favorite annuals for spring. Petunias, begonias, marigolds, cosmos and lobelia are budding and blooming.
- Shade gardening: We carry a vast array of plants that will provide flowers and foliage in shaded spaces: impatiens, ferns, heucheras, and more.
- Say yes to summer bulbs! Plant gladiolus and dahlias for summer color.
- Rhododendrons and azaleas are budding and blooming. Now is the best time to choose new plants.
- Use E.B. Stone Sure Start fertilizer for new plantings to establish them quickly. Fertilize your garden and houseplants with Osmocote or Foxfarm Marine Cuisine to provide ongoing nutrition for up to four months.
- Stock up on top quality, plant-specific fertilizers like: E.B. Stone Organics Rose & Flower, Tomato & Vegetable, and Citrus & Fruit.
- Prune freeze damaged plants now (if you haven’t already). But, wait to prune spring blooming shrubs until after flowering.
- Snails and slugs are hatching in your garden right now. Non-toxic Sluggo can help keep them under control.
- Apply mulch: RediGro Bark Mulch or Sloat Forest Mulch Plus will reduce moisture loss as well as keep roots cool in-ground and containers. Use mulches on established and new plantings.
- Prepare planting beds for spring. Test your soil for pH, nitrogen, phosphorous and potassium, and add appropriate supplements. We recommend amending with Sloat Loam Builder, Sloat Forest Mulch Plus and Sloat Planting Mix.
- Aphids are beginning to appear. Stop them early with either Bonide Neem Oil or Monterey Take Down. The best time to spray is at the end of the day after the bees have stopped foraging. Use on roses and all your plants!
- Use Monterey Complete Disease Control a bacteria – based fungicide to prevent and cure spring rust and mildew. (OMRI listed)
Curious if we have your favorite plant or product in stock? Call one of our locations directly and we'll be happy to check.