Hippo Bags can help keep trees and shrubs well watered without waste during drought and dry weather. These irrigation bags hold up to 20 gallons of water that slowly drip at the roots to prevent water runoff. Ideal for newly planted trees. They are easy to use and reusable.
How to use Hippo Bags:
- Place the bag around the trunk and zip. For bigger trees, you can zip to bags together (like a double sleeping bag!)
- Fill the reservoir with a garden hose to about ¼ full.
- Pull up on the bag to help settle the water and flatten the bottom.
- Resume filling until full.
- Water will seep out the bottom and will completely empty in 5 to 6 hours.
The Original Hippo is great for young or newly planted trees.
The Baby Hippo works especially well for shrubs. These are perfect for keeping older, valuable and loved garden plants, such as snowball viburnum, citrus, etc. watered in areas of the garden that have been taken off regular irrigation. The Baby Hippo reduces the need for surface flooding. The ring empties in about one hour.