Growing Up Green Fundraiser program
For more than 50 years, Sloat Garden Center has supported Bay Area communities by donating thousands of dollars to schools and civic groups. We are continuing this support by expanding our Growing up Green program.
How it works: Once you’re signed up for Growing up Green, members of your school community will be able to shop during Growing up Green Week with the flyer we send you. After the fundraising week is over, Sloat Garden Center will donate 10% of all pre-tax sales back to your school in the form of a gift card. The card can be used for school gardening, gifts, raffles, auctions or other fundraising efforts throughout the year. The school with the highest total sales amount will receive double the amount (20%) in the form of a gift card. Questions? Contact us by email HERE
2017 Growing Up Green fundraiser dates
- March 24 – April 2
- September 8 – September 17
- October 27 – November 5
- November 24 – December 10
How to participate:
- Choose as many weeks as you’d like to participate.
- Submit an application form at least 2 weeks before the first day of the week you’ve chosen. Download an Application form that you can mail or fax in.
- Once registered we will email you a copy of the flyer to print out and distribute within your school/community.
- Hand out flyers throughout your school community before your chosen Growing up Green week and let the community know about the fundraiser. (Flyers are required to receive credit for the fundraiser — The flyers identify your school).
- Shop in one of our stores with your flyer — your school will then receive a percentage back from each sale in the form of a gift card, 2-3 weeks after the event. Please note: Purchase of gift cards do not apply.
- Apply well in advance
- Let community members, friends and family know about the fundraiser: Insert flyers into newsletters, send home with students, announce on the school website and forward the flyer in emails to parents.
- The more you’re involved, the more successful the fundraiser.
- Please note: Each school must have a minimum of $100 in purchases in order to be eligible to receive 10% back.
- Contact us with any questions!
Please note: Purchases made using gift cards issued through the Growing Up Green Program will not be counted towards future Growing Up Green donations.